Steeped in a tradition of honesty and excellence, Losani Homes opened its doors as a builder in 1976. Losani Homes has been long renowned for its award-winning designs, meticulous workmanship and exceptional customer service. Losani Homes is an award-winning residential builder and developer as well as a commercial contractor in the Golden Horseshoe area. We pride ourselves on quality craftsmanship, excellence and innovation. Our tradition of quality and excellence is not only reflected in the homes and communities that we build, but our team members as well.
We are proud to hold our status as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum Member. Being one of Canada's Best Managed Companies is a testament to the dedication and superior skill set of the Losani Homes team. By ensuring we employ the best team in all fields of our business, we are able to provide our customers with the best experience possible. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career with Losani Homes, please feel free to apply to the positions that interest you by sending your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Under the direction of the Manager of Land Development and Planning, this position will assist with the management of Land Development projects from their acquisition to final completion while liaising with our internal Sales, Marketing, Homebuilding Coordination and Construction departments.
1. Evaluates land development opportunities and prepares conceptual plans and design alternatives using AutoCAD. Communicates with appropriate municipal agencies and coordinates preparations of concepts to determine yield.
2. Prepare and maintain Development Proformas and Project Budgets/Revenue Schedules.
3. Prepare and maintain project schedules.
4. Facilitates various approval processes by managing a team of and providing support to coordinating consultants. Communicates regularly with consulting team to receive updates on all projects and ensure timelines are being met.
5. Prepares and reviews correspondence to and from consulting team, municipal agencies and servicing contractors regarding land development processes.
6. Coordinates and assists with various development studies and site plan approval processes.
7. Coordinates the clearing of draft plan conditions for registration of plans of subdivision.
8. Reviews and evaluates site plan and subdivision plans to ensure compliance with all applicable land development codes and regulations – e.g. zoning, parking, signage, variances, etc.
9. Coordinates grading and engineering design review and implements changes, as necessary.
10. Reviews and evaluates civil and hydro electrical tenders and makes recommendations to award contracts.
11. Oversees and coordinates the servicing of development sites ensure they are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
12. Establishes and maintains a database of land development information including scheduling, contracts, approvals, approved drawings, engineering plans, etc. for each project.
13. Reviews and approves all invoices related to land development.
14. Prepares various land development applications including but not limited to site plan, severance, minor variance, part lot control and sign permits.
15. Attends public meetings and gives development presentations as required. Develop and maintain professional relationships with municipal staff and local politicians, through regular communication, on a frequent basis.
16. Responds to land development queries from internal departments.
17. Supports Senior Management Team and Construction/Production departments to ensure all development and permit conditions are met to facilitate servicing and construction start dates.
18. Prepares supporting materials for Sales, Marketing, Homebuilding Coordination and Construction including site plans, lot grading information, what-fits-where schedule, etc.Knowledge:
- Post-secondary diploma in Engineering/Planning or related field.
- Strong understanding of planning and land development processes as well as municipal regulations relating to land development.
- 3-5 years of Engineering/Planning/Land Development related experienceSkills:
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good computer skills – working knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Office and Internet.Abilities:
- Ability to manage a team of junior staff
- Ability to read construction drawings.
- Good problem-solving ability.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with various municipal staff and external agencies.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization.
- Ability to effectively coordinate a number of projects simultaneously.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org