Steeped in a tradition of honesty and excellence, Losani Homes opened its doors as a builder in 1976. Losani Homes has been long renowned for its award-winning designs, meticulous workmanship and exceptional customer service. Losani Homes is an award-winning residential builder and developer as well as a commercial contractor in the Golden Horseshoe area. We pride ourselves on quality craftsmanship, excellence and innovation. Our tradition of quality and excellence is not only reflected in the homes and communities that we build, but our team members as well.
We are proud to hold our status as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum Member. Being one of Canada's Best Managed Companies is a testament to the dedication and superior skill set of the Losani Homes team. By ensuring we employ the best team in all fields of our business, we are able to provide our customers with the best experience possible. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career with Losani Homes, please feel free to apply to the positions that interest you by sending your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Service Desk Technician’s role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end-user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as requiring that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
Job Responsibilities:Strategy & Planning
• Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.Acquisition & Deployment
• Deploy pre-packaged software using distribution tools and processes as requested by end users.Operational Management
• Provide first contact support of incoming requests to the service desk via telephone, web portal, email, and chat to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues.
• Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk end users.
• Prioritize incidents and service requests according to defined processes to meet defined SLAs.
• Escalate incidents with accurate documentation to suitable technician, when required.
• Record, track, and document the service desk incident-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution.
• Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required deskside service levels.
• Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
• Research solutions through internal and external knowledgebase as needed.
• Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
• Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined.
• Install antivirus software and ensure virus definitions are up to date.
• Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
• Test fixes to ensure an incident has been adequately resolved.
• Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
• Contribute to technician knowledgebase as needed
• Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
• Provide suggestions for continual improvement.
• Conduct inventory of equipment and software
• Other duties as requiredKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 3 years equivalent work experience.
• Certifications in CompTIA A+, Microsoft, Vmware are and asset.
• Knowledge of basic computer hardware
• Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 7 and up, Windows 2008R2 and up.
• Extensive application support experience with Office suite, MFPs, managed antivirus solutions.
• Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
• Familiarity with the fundamental principles of ITIL.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning skills.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge of report building tools such as Crystal reports, SSRS and PowerBI as an asset
• Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
• Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Exceptional customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
• Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
• Valid driver’s license and vehicle
• Travel to sites as required
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com