Steeped in a tradition of honesty and excellence, Losani Homes opened its doors as a builder in 1976. Losani Homes has been long renowned for its award-winning designs, meticulous workmanship and exceptional customer service. Losani Homes is an award-winning residential builder and developer as well as a commercial contractor in the Golden Horseshoe area. We pride ourselves on quality craftsmanship, excellence and innovation. Our tradition of quality and excellence is not only reflected in the homes and communities that we build, but our team members as well.
We are proud to hold our status as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum Member. Being one of Canada's Best Managed Companies is a testament to the dedication and superior skill set of the Losani Homes team. By ensuring we employ the best team in all fields of our business, we are able to provide our customers with the best experience possible. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career with Losani Homes, please feel free to apply to the positions that interest you by sending your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The Facilities Manager will be responsible for overseeing the upkeep of Losani Homes buildings. He or she will manage the cleaning, maintenance, and required repairs on Losani Homes buildings and ensure they are completed to guarantee safe, accessible, and secure facilities in a timely fashion, and that all work is conducted in a safe, effective manner.
• Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment, structures and grounds on the property.
• Ensure all facilities are up to code and compliant with any relevant legislation.
• Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
• Perform regular property inspections of units, common areas, building exteriors, and landscape.
• Ensure effective management of loss prevention, risk management, security, maintenance, marketing, landscaping, snow removal, ventilation, heating, cooling and other daily activities.
• Analyze and distribute monthly financial statements including operating variances from budget, cash management and strategies for collecting receivables.
• Keep accurate records of space conditions including roof, HVAC and utilities.
• Plan and manage replacement of major capital expense items such as HVAC system, roof systems and parking lot surfaces.
• Provide general status reports for all properties as scheduled.
• Request for quotations, make contracts, supervise work and approve invoices for all services required to maintain the properties.
• Ensure 24/7 availability of emergency services.
• Oversee all maintenance mechanics working at managed properties.
• Perform minor repairs on windows, doors, switches, desks, tables, plugs, equipment, appliances, sinks, toilets, blinds etc.
• Contact appropriate maintenance service shop for major repairs.
• Responsible for vandalism clean up and repair within skill level.
• Maintain heating and air conditioning systems, boilers, pumps, fan units, control panels, thermostats, cooling towers, etc.
• Maintain and/or has working knowledge of environmental safeguards and alarm systems.
• Maintain fire alarms, extinguishers.
• Plan and prioritize work for self and staff.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
• Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
• Set priorities for preventative maintenance work orders, maintenance requisitions and scheduled work.
• Prepare monthly reports and budget.
• Perform all other duties as assigned or needed. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• High school diploma/GED Completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and Maintenance Coordination experience;
• Highly motivated and able to work independently.
• Minimum 1 year experience in the operation and maintenance of buildings
• Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing
• Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
• Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership
• Ability to perform small repairs (e.g. caulking, replacing washers, and replacing light fixtures)
• Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills
• Strong communication and problem solving skills
• Possess a valid drivers license
• Able to create alternative solutions to problems
• Excellent time management and project management skills
• High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
• Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
• Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures
• Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org